freeradius and oracle LDAP

Allan Borman allan.borman at hccs.edu
Thu Aug 11 18:52:30 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I have put together a freeradius server to authenticate users existing on our oracle LDAP directory.  The issue that I have is getting the passowrd from oracle.  I can probe the LDAP, get a user authorized and fallback to the default for the passowrd check which is the "system".  It all works well.  However our LDAP uses oracle on the back end to check the password.  Has anyone configured radius to do this?  I need to send a request to LDAP to check the password as well.

Any suggestion or help or white paper or docs.... is appreciated very much in advance.

Regards,
Allan Borman
allan.borman at hccs.edu