FR suddenly doesn't respond any more and eats all cpu

Benedikt Panzer benedikt.panzer at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Aug 19 10:08:03 CEST 2005

Hello again,

this time the error (you know, no response and full cpu load) occured
and at least I found something in the normal logfile:

Fri Aug 19 09:22:02 2005 : Error: rlm_ldap: All ldap connections are in use
Fri Aug 19 09:22:03 2005 : Error: rlm_ldap: ldap_search() failed: Timed
out while waiting for server to respond. Please increase the timeout.
Fri Aug 19 09:22:37 2005 : Error: rlm_ldap:
uid=ilebraun,ou=accounts,dc=SIAM bind to
lanldap1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de:389 failed: timeout
Fri Aug 19 09:24:32 2005 : Info: The maximum number of threads (32) are
active,cannot spawn new thread to handle request
Fri Aug 19 09:24:41 2005 : Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child (id
1123056560) for request 47

These are reapeated many times, especially the first one.
They probably mean that I have a problem with my LDAP-Server, right? Has
someone experience, what parameter could be critical for the eDirectory?

Thanks in advance, Benedikt