clients.conf problem

dev_null dev_null at net.hr
Sun Aug 21 15:28:00 CEST 2005

Hello,

thanks for helping me :)

> Well, you have "shortname" spelt incorrectly for a start.
Sorry, that's not a copy/past from clients.conf, there it's correct. My fault when typing this mail.

> Have you run the server in debug mode so that you can see exactly what
> it is doing, and where it is dropping the request?
> radiusd -X

Yes. But got only this:
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.20.1.100 port 3846, id=7, length=48
Ignoring request from unknown client 10.20.1.100 port 3846
--- Walking the entire request list ---

When testing with "radtest testuser pass 10.20.1.5 1812 shared_secret"

with a clients.conf including only:
     client 10.20.1.100 {
         secret    = shared_secret
         shortname = WLAN
     }

The strange thing is, as I mentioned before, that it works (only) when including both:
     client 10.20.1.0/24 {
         secret    = shared_secret
         shortname = WLAN
     }
and
     client 10.20.1.100 {
         secret    = shared_secret
         shortname = WLAN

Naručite svoj XXLadsl - instalacija i modem i dalje za samo 1 kn!
Postanite i vi korisnik ultra brzog Interneta! http://www.iskon.biz/xxladsl