multiple threads

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Aug 30 21:42:57 CEST 2005

Artur Hecker <hecker at enst.fr> wrote:
> you know I remember a lot of users having _major_ problems with SCSI
> because it was too forgiving for simple setups...

  The server enforces sanity on what it needs.  What it doesn't need
it ignores.

> why not at least mentioning that the server has just ignored a
> configuration token for whatever reason? e.g. ignoring thread_pool
> because -X was given at the command line. might help someone to see that
> his new config is not accepted. and don't you "patches are welcome" on
> me :-)

  Uh... OK.

  The real answer, though, is that the configuration files are
interpreted *after* they're read.  So doing what you suggest would
mean having the second pass over the configuration files set flags on
what was used, and adding a *third* pass that would print out
configuration items that weren't flagged on the second one.

  I'm not sure it's worth it, honestly.