further ldap problems

Norbert Wegener nw at sbs.de
Mon Dec 5 15:45:42 CET 2005

Although I can query an AD server via ldapsearch without problems, I do
not get it working using freeradiusd.

I do get rlm_ldap: search failed.

In the logs first I see:

rlm_ldap: Bind was successful

later there is:
ldap_chase_referrals^M
read1msg:  V2 referral chased, mark request completed, id = 3^M
new result:  res_errno: 1, res_error: <00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627,
comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be
completed on the connection., data 0, vece>, res_matched: <>^M

Why can this happen?
(complete log at: http://www.wegener-net.de/fr )
raidusd.conf is also there

My radiusd.conf includes the section:

 ldap ldap1 {
                server = "tde002.sitest.net"
                identity = "testrad at TDE002.SITEST.NET"
                password = "mypass"
                basedn = "dc=TDE002,dc=SITEST,dc=NET"

                filter="(servicePrincipalName=HOST/lnxad)"  # a fixed
value here, just for testing. This filter works with ldapsearch.

                ldap_debug=0xFFFF

                #base_filter = "(objectclass=computer)"
                ldap_connections_number = 1
                timeout = 40
                timelimit = 30
                net_timeout = 10
                tls {
                        start_tls = no
                }
                dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
        }

Any hint is appreciated.
Thanks
Norbert Wegener