Forwarding Accounting Requests

David Bickle dbickle at adzilla.com
Thu Dec 15 02:26:17 CET 2005

Hi,
I am looking to have FreeRadius forward accounting stop/start packets to a
third party device. I understand this can be done by configuring the proxy
.conf. The problem has to do with how the accounting requests are forwarded.
In other versions of Radius it is possible to forward accounting packets
with an attribute setting that ensures the forwarding server doesn't listen
for a response. I would like to set this same configuration in FreeRadius
but it doesn't appear that this functionality.

Is there a way to forward accounting request packets (start/stop) without
requiring the forwarding server to listen for responses?

Thanks in advance.