rlm_sqlcounter and something else than Session-Timeout

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Dec 20 17:30:19 CET 2005

"Seferovic Edvin" <edvin.seferovic at kolp.at> wrote:
> I really don't know why everybody is telling that such config would be
> impossible.

  It's impossible to enforce traffic limiting *during* a users
session.  So if a user is a tiny bit below their limit and logs in
again, they can go over their limit.  The server will only catch &
enforce their limit on the next login.

  This has been discussed multiple times on the list over the past 5
years.

> It worked for me, so do I have to write a patch that would allow
> users to switch between time and traffic accounting/limiting in
> sqlcounter module, or could the professionals do that ?

  If you know what you want, write a patch, and we'll review it.