rlm_sqlcounter and something else than Session-Timeout

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Tue Dec 20 15:02:26 CET 2005

Seferovic Edvin wrote:

> I think he wants "Session-Octets-Limit" to be sent back for limiting traffic
> passed thru for each user. I've changed the plain counter module so it sends
> back my attribute ;), and I think this could be done for sqlcounter as well.

Are you using version 1.0.5 or a CVS snapshot? I just looked at
rlm_counter for the first time: there is an option "return-attribute"
in CVS head for that purpose, but it doesn't exist in rlm_sqlcounter.

If you're using 1.0.5, I don't know how you manage to return the value
in Session-Octets-Limit. As to my understanding of rlm_counter.c, the
reply attribute is hard-coded to Session-Timeout.

> Nicolas - the reply-name option is used for what? For sending back the value
> in an specific attribute? Couldn't this be used for Damjan's purpose then?

I think we need such an option to configure either time or traffic
counters. And perhaps "reply-attribute" would be a better name than
"reply-name".

Nicolas Baradakis