[radius] Freeradius/MySql problem

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Mon Jul 4 17:51:26 CEST 2005

Radius <radius at kingmanaz.net> wrote:
> >  A recent post explained how to fix this.  I suggest going back, and
> >reading all of the messages in this thread.
> >
> The uncomment of the lines under sql.conf and
> putting the lower_user & lower_pass to "no"
>
> did not fix it.

  Because that's not the problem.

 The problem is that the MySQL queries are case-insensitive, and you
don't want that.  So you have to do case-insensitive queries in MySQL.
Read the MySQL documentation for details.

  Or, go back and read ALL of the messages in this thread.

  ALL.

> I can't mess with mysql. That was installed by me and it worked. Used
> your mysql import and that's the way it's been for over a year. Never
> been touched
> since it's installation.

  You don't have to touch MySQL.

  One of the reasons you're having so much difficulty solving the
problem is that you have a hard time following instructions.

> So no never needed a test server in 11 years of doing internet.

  You've been either very lucky, or you don't mind losing data, or you
don't mind shutting customers out for a time.