Dictionnary Permission - How to solve it ?

Aime aklougbo at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 17:17:43 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am calling "radclient" form a cgi perl script as
follow :

--- code fragment----------
$av_string = User-Name = fredf, User-Password = wilma,
NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.89.1, NAS-Port = 0;

my $response = `echo -E "$av_string | radclient -d
/etc/freeradius -r $radretries -t $radtimeout
$radiusip $radiustype  $radiuspw 2>&1`;

--- end code fragment------

and I am getting the following error:
"radclient: dict_init: Couldn't open dictionary
"/etc/freeradius/dictionary": Permission denied"

I gave rwxrwxrwx to "/etc/freeradius/dictionary" but
it does not help.

Where can i look to solve this ?
Using Freeradius 1.0.4 on Debian Sarge Testing

--Aimé

freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org