Listen to multiple ports on a single server?

Erling Paulsen erling.paulsen at cc.uit.no
Tue Jul 19 10:19:24 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 11:36:05AM -0400,Kevin Bonner, The Induhvidual, scrabbled:
> On Monday 18 July 2005 10:10, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:12:00 +0200 Erling Paulsen <erling.paulsen at cc.uit.no>
> wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > Right now I'm running multiple servers for listening to multiple ports,
> > > for having the option of accomadating both NAS'es that use the old 1645
> > > port and the ones using the newer 1812 port for requests.
> > >
> > > Is there a possibillity to have one radiusd listen to more ports, or do I
> > > have to reconfigure/tell all the old external participants to use the new
> > > 1812 port?

> > > Running v.1.0.4
> > >
> > > - Erling Paulsen
> >
> > May I ask why do you want to do such a thing?
>
> You can have freeradius running on both the old and new ports, then cutover
> your equipment and external radius clients as you please.
>
> The listen directive in raddb.conf can do what you want.
>
> Kevin Bonner

Thanks for the help.

That did the trick!

I think that perhaps I asked this question a little fast. Haven't seen the
'listen' section in the .conf before - as I was upgrading multiple servers
from v.0.93.

Excellent feature :)

- Erling

--