Difference between dictionary and RFC 2865 for Attribute Class

Andreas Engler freeradius at arcor.de
Tue Jul 19 12:19:33 CEST 2005

Hello,

i wonder why the entry for Attribute Class in the dictionary file is octets.

I think that is the reason why the Value of Class will be stored as hex
string in detail file and sql. So i have to convert it back to ASCII to
read the contents.

The definition in RFC says that the Value of Class should be string.

Because Alan always warn to not edit the dictionary file, i would like
to know which kind of trouble i would face in changing octets to string
in dictionary file.

Will the value be changed in future or do i have to do it on my own and
on my own risk?

Thank you for response

Andreas