Tunnel-Password fails proxy: "tunnel password is too long for the attribute"

Tariq Rashid tariq.rashid at uk.easynet.net
Mon Jul 25 18:15:58 CEST 2005

when a backend radius server sends bakc the following tunnel attributes, the
freeradius 1.0.2 fails the request with "tunnel password is too long for the
attribute"( discovered by radiusd -X).

        Tunnel-Server-Endpoint = 1:82.111.96.178
        Tunnel-Type = 1:L2TP
        Tunnel-Medium-Type = 1:IP
        Tunnel-Password = 1:lab
        Framed-Protocol = PPP

if I comment out the Tunnel-Passord, the proxied reply returns fine.

I guess this is a problem with the tagged stting for the password, partt of
which is encrypted perhaps? the backend is Radiator 3.8.

directly querying the backed, without freeradius proxying, works fine.

tariq