Simultaneous-Use Problem

Jeremy Kenney jeremy at ds-tech.com
Fri Jul 29 04:14:36 CEST 2005

I have posted this twice now I was wondering if someone would be kind enough
to possibly answer it

Hello,

I am a very frustrated free radius user at this point.  It’s most likely my
brain not working right but here is my problem

I have a free radius server that does authentication for our slipstream
accelerator.  The accelerator passes an attribute to the radius server and
identifies the client into a group.  This works fine.  How ever I am having
problems else where we currently want to use the same radius server to do
dialup authentication.  It currently is working to do this.

We use freeradius with mysql.  I am having problems with users dialing into
the system more then once from more then one location at the sometime.  I.E
a simultaneous use problem.  I cannot check against the NAS because we don’t
have our own nases and are doing pass-thru radius authentication.

I need to do some kind of simultaneous use checking I’m really frustrated
can someone point me in the right direction.