Authenticate to eDirectory

carnold5 at nc.rr.com carnold5 at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 3 14:49:53 CEST 2005

>>One possible reason could be that the user you are building the
>>radius
>>server as does not have the appropriate file system permissions to
>>create
>>files within the /usr/local directory.
I should have stated that i am logged in and running this as root.
>>You can also get the FreeRADIUS RPMs for SLES 8 or SLES 9 from:
http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfcontent/downloads.php/edirfreeradius
So, i downloaded the rpm (and consoleone plug-in (thanks for the link))
and tried to install it using yast. Of course, when yast checks the
dependencies, it says that libk5xx.so, libmysql.so and lib5kcrypto are
missing. So, i searched (in yast>software>install and remove software)
for the said lib's/files, none found. Huh??
So, i thought maybe i could install the freeradius 0.9.3 version and
then "upgrade" to the new version 1.0.5 (i think).
So as it stands now, i can not install the 1.0.5 version on
SLES9/OES-Linux using edirectory. What am i missing. Thanks for all the
help!