syslog

Miguel Sennoun miguel at b2i-toulouse.com
Thu Jun 9 15:32:01 CEST 2005

> >>Set "log_destination = syslog" and

> >>log {

> >>         syslog_facility = daemon

> >>}

> > I tried, but it seems not write radius logs in syslog

> Just to be clear - which "radius" logs are you trying to redirect and

> did you make sure that syslog is running/configured correctly ?

I would like to redirect all radius logs (even accounting).

And so in my etc/syslog.conf I have:

*.err;kern.notice;auth.notice                   /dev/sysmsg

*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit        /var/adm/messages

*.alert;kern.err;daemon.err                     operator

*.alert                                         root

*.emerg                                         *

*.*                                             /var/log/allmsg

# if a non-loghost machine chooses to have authentication messages

# sent to the loghost machine, un-comment out the following line:

#auth.notice                    ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/authlog, @loghost)

mail.debug                      ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/syslog, @loghost)

#

# non-loghost machines will use the following lines to cause "user"

# log messages to be logged locally.

#

ifdef(`LOGHOST', ,

user.err                                        /dev/sysmsg

user.err                                        /var/adm/messages

user.alert                                      `root, operator'

user.emerg                                      *

I believe the line *.*       /var/log/allmsg     should perform the correct
behaviour. I can see some system logs as user login, but no freeradius
daemon logs.

> >>in your radiusd.conf.  That will get your authentication/authorization

> >>logs going to syslog under the "daemon" facility.  This is all in the

> >>documentation, BTW.

> > There is nothing in my documentation (freeradius 1.0.2

> Straight from the distributed radiusd.conf:

Thank you for the extract of the radiusd.conf but in mine this section is
not present. Even in the 1.0.3 conf files. So I added the section but I
don't know if it is supported by my server.