freeradius 1.0.2 compilation: problem with libtool

manou freeradius-users at nntp.simicro.net
Tue Jun 21 08:38:20 CEST 2005

Hello all,
I try to compile freeradius 1.0.2-4 (debian sarge's source) and I got
the error message below:

rbtree.c:265: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
rbtree.c:278: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
/usr/bin/libtool --mode=link ld \
-module -static  -Wall -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS
-DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5 -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -g -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -W
-Wredundant-decls -Wundef  -D_LIBRADIUS -I../include
-DHMAC_SHA1_DATA_PROBLEMS dict.o print.o radius.o valuepair.o token.o
misc.o log.o filters.o missing.o md4.o md5.o sha1.o hmac.o hmacsha1.o
snprintf.o isaac.o crypt.o udpfromto.o rbtree.o -o libradius.a
libtool: link: unable to infer tagged configuration
libtool: link: specify a tag with `--tag'
make[5]: *** [libradius.a] Error 1

I tried to google but I could not find any issue.
I found a related post in freeradius-users archive but it seems not been
answered.

So someone could tell me how to do?

my libtool's version is 1.5.6-6.

I can give other informations if necessary.

Thanks in advance,

Manou.