A question about Response-Packet-Type Attribute

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Jun 22 19:03:01 CEST 2005

Oleg Kravtsov <oleg_box at mail.ru> wrote:
> I would like to tune RADIUS Server so that it sends particular set of
> RADIUS attributes depending on the outgoing packet type (Challenge or
> Accept).

  The server doesn't really support that.

>  For that task I've been using Response-Packet-Type attribute in
> "users" configuration file.

  Which won't work, because the "users" file is processed BEFORE the
response packet type is determined.

> My "users" configuration file looks as:
>
> "test_user" User-Password == "test pass", Response-Packet-Type ==
> Access-Challenge
>     Proxy-State = "Challenge"

  DON'T set the Proxy-State attribute, even for replies.

> Looking at configuration files I found that there is "post-auth" section
> in radiusd.conf configuration file, but I'm not sure that it suits for me.

  The "post-auth" section is processed after the Response-Packet-Type
is set.  So you DO want the "post-auth" section.

  The "files" module doesn't have a "post-auth" section, though.  But
it wouldn't be that hard to add.