mysqld.sock path problem

rashad rashad at nakhchyvan.az
Thu Jun 23 17:38:20 CEST 2005

>/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock is the usual location of that socket. Every
>program that wants to connect to mysqld through socket will per default
>use that one. I dunno why you set mysql to place the socket to
/tmp/mysqld.sock.

It's not my choice. Latest MySQL binary distribution ver. 4.1.12 uses
/tmp/mysqld.sock as a default in all configuration files.
Also in my old freeradius 1.0.2 installation also uses /tmp/mysqld.sock

>What u could try is to set a symlink pointing to /tmp/mysqld.sock at
/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock as workaround.
I solved problem changing sock pid file path in /etc/my.cnf. I think the
same must be configurable in freeradius.