mysqld.sock path problem

Michael Griego mgriego at utdallas.edu
Thu Jun 23 18:01:37 CEST 2005

Usually, applications just use whatever the installed libraries have for
the default mysqld.sock location.  It would seem that you installed
MySQL 4.1.12 from mysql.com but you still have the distribution mysql
libraries lying around.  The distro libraries are using
/var/run/mysql/mysqld.sock while the mysql.com libaries/binaries use
/tmp/mysqld.sock by default.  You should probably uninstall the distro
libraries if you're going to use the mysql.com binaries.  FreeRADIUS
seems to be linked against the distro libraries, which are likely older
than the ones you got from mysql.com.

--Mike

Michael Griego
Wireless LAN Project Manager