Configure IP Pools

DK ionidk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:45:26 CEST 2005

Hi,

I´ve got freeradius instaled on redhat enterprise 3, configured and working :-)
But now I need to create a diferents IP pools, I tryed to do it but I can't :-(
I´ve created two ippool on radiusd.conf.

      #
        ippool main_pool {

                #  range-start,range-stop: The start and end ip
                #  addresses for the ip pool
                range-start = 192.168.1.1
                range-stop = 192.168.3.254

                #  netmask: The network mask used for the ip's
                netmask = 255.255.255.0

                #  cache-size: The gdbm cache size for the db
                #  files. Should be equal to the number of ip's
                #  available in the ip pool
                cache-size = 800

                # session-db: The main db file used to allocate ip's to clients
                session-db = ${raddbdir}/db.ippool

                # ip-index: Helper db index file used in multilink
                ip-index = ${raddbdir}/db.ipindex

                # override: Will this ippool override a
Framed-IP-Address already set
                override = no

                # maximum-timeout: If not zero specifies the maximum
time in seconds an
                # entry may be active. Default: 0
                maximum-timeout = 0
        }
        ippool General {
                range-start = 192.168.75.1
                range-stop = 192.168.75.126
                netmask = 255.255.255.0
                cache-size = 800
                session-db = ${raddbdir}/db.ippool
                ip-index = ${raddbdir}/db.ipindex
                override = no
                maximum-timeout = 0
        }

If I configure the user to take an static IP it works fine, but when I
try to take from IP pool it doesn´t works.

javi   Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "123456"
 Service-Type = Framed,
 Framed-Protocol = PPP,
 Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.77.35,
 Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
 Ascend-Maximum-Time = 28800,
 Ascend-Idle-Limit = 1800

ion Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "123456"
 Pool-Name := "General"
 Service-Type = Framed-User,
 Framed-Protocol = PPP,
 Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 7,