Please resend this message to Kim Jones'

Jim Seymour jseymour at linxnet.com
Tue May 31 05:17:22 CEST 2005

"Christopher Bootland" <bootland at cyberone.com.au> wrote:

> Why is Kim Jones at SimplyNet (?) harvesting addresses on this mailing list?
> I can't think of a valid reason why a third-party needs to know.  Does
> anybody have any more information?

Most likely what's happening is he, or whomever at his old email
address, is running lame email software that's auto-responding to
traffic from the mailing list.  This is, more often than not, the fault
of Windows-based malware that doesn't know any better than to
auto-respond to "bulk" or "list" precedence messages, or to messages
not addressed directly to the recipient.  The "X-Mailer: <SMTP32
v8.05>" in his auto-responses suggests this is another such example.