mysql.sock moved and cannot be found by freeradius !

Seferovic Edvin edvin.seferovic at kolp.at
Sun Nov 6 01:22:24 CET 2005

Hi,

and a big HEEEEEEEEEEEELP ( or should I say - save our/my soul ).... I've
moved my mysql database to another partition ( databases were getting big )
and Ive corrected my mysql config so that the socket file is now located at
/data/mysql/mysql.sock. Restarted MySql - and it worked.. but my freeradius
( 1.0.5 ) first crashed with seg. fault ( I suppose this happened because of
an Access-Request packet while restarting the server )... and when I started
it for the second time - it said that it cannot find the mysql.sock file in
the "usual" place ( /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock )... is the location of
mysql.sock hard-coded in freeradius ?

What can I do to get my radius connect to mysql ?

Thank you very much in advance...

Regards,

Edvin Seferovic