mysql.sock moved and cannot be found by freeradius !

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Mon Nov 7 18:10:31 CET 2005

Seferovic Edvin wrote:

> I think this is the most simple solution. Making symlinks to the usual
> location might be confusing for other applications or users themselves.
>
> Is there any performance difference between using .sock and tcp connection
> to localhost?

>From MySQL documentation:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/compile-and-link-options.html

<<<<<

For a connection from a client to a server running on the same host,
if you connect using TCP/IP rather than a Unix socket file, performance
is 7.5% slower. (On Unix, if you connect to the hostname localhost,
MySQL uses a socket file by default.)

Nicolas Baradakis