JRadius

Raoul Demour kongo_007 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 19:12:06 CET 2005

Hello

thanks for all the answers!

> Regarding EAP-SIM, JRadius has no specific support
> for it. What is it
> you are trying to do?

What I have understood:
FreeRADIUS is able to authenticate using EAP-SIM. But
you need to set the attributes:
EAP-SIM-Rand1
EAP-SIM-SRES1
EAP-SIM-KC1
EAP-SIM-Rand2
EAP-SIM-SRES2
EAP-SIM-KC2
EAP-SIM-Rand3
EAP-SIM-SRES3
EAP-SIM-KC3

(do you really need to set all the 9 attributes? or
just one rand, one SRES and one Kc is enough?)

I dont have access to GSM network and I dont know Ki
(share secret). But to check if the system is
correctly set up, I would like to give manually the
attributes (on the serveur). (In a way I cheat...). Or
to reproduce the generation of Rand, SRES and Kc
(using my own algorithm) and on the supplicant I
simulate SIM card...

With JRadius it is possible to create object like
Attr_UserPassword (according to the given example of
JRadius). After what, it is used to set the attribut
UserPassord for FreeRADIUS.

So I think it would not be too complicate to create
new attribute like:
Attr_EAP_SIM_Rand, Attr_EAP-SIM-SRES, Attr_EAP-SIM-KC.

In a way, I would like to use JRadius to avoid writing
a module which will set the nine above attributes.

My explanation may be not realy clear because I still
learning how the thing work (for exemple, I suppose
that the algorith to generate Rand, SRES and Kc is
mobil operator specific, but I'm not complitly sure of
the fact)

Raoul