memory leaks with rlm_perl? (FreeRADIUS bug #221)

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Mon Nov 14 15:45:16 CET 2005

> I really appreciate that the FreeRADIUS developers actually take their
> time to do end user support on this list. I am impressed by the work
> you all do.  Getting two(!) working solutions to a problem in a couple
> of hours during the weekend, is a level of support that I think you
> can't buy from any commercial company at any price.  It makes me wish
> that I had something to give back.  At least I'll have an example for
> all the bosses that express their concern about "unsupported" open
> source solutions..
>
> Thanks again.

I agree with you 100% on this.  Our company pays extra for so-called
"support" on many of the commercial products we use.  However, I've found
that the community that supports freeradius on this mailling list is much
more valuable than any of our paid support on commercial software.  The
support here on the list comes from people that actually USE the product
in a PRODUCTION network.  This is something you can't always get from a
commercial product.

You definately can give back by documenting anything you think might help
and sending it to the list.  Or perhaps you can stay on the list and see
if you can help anyone with similar issues to what you've experienced.

I'm in the same boat as you, and trying to give back by occassionally
responding to threads here and sending in some documentation whenever I
get the time to write some up.

-Dusty Doris