Segfault while sending Access-Accept

Kristina Pfaff-Harris kristina at greatbasin.net
Tue Nov 15 20:54:06 CET 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Luca Corti wrote:

> freeradius -X (also tried -x and init.d script)
>
> and reproduced the problem. I can't find the core file though... were is
> it supposed to be saved?

Luca, are you on a Linux/Unixish type system? If so, and if worst comes to
worst, you may be able to find it with:

 find / -name '*core*' -print

Some systems save the core files in a specific directory, some in the
directory with the binary, some in the directory you started the program
in, and some in the program's current working directory. Note that this
may find an awful lot of files with the word "core" in them also, so you
may want to pipe it through "less" or "more":

 find / -name '*core*' -print | less

If you're running Windows, I don't know how it does core dumps or even if
it does.  :-)

There is (or was) also an option in radiusd.conf that says
"allow_core_dumps = no". You may need to set this to "yes," but I'm not
sure that applies to debug mode.

Kristina