Freeradius + Mysql + Dialup Admin

Lewis Bergman lbergman at wtxs.net
Tue Nov 22 18:19:34 CET 2005

Mohammad K. Flaifel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have configured freeradius over RedHat AS4, mysql and dialup admin.  I'm
> still now in testing phase.
>
> When testing an account with ntradping utility I get the following log on
> radius.log:
>
> Tue Nov 22 18:02:26 2005 : Error: rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair:
> Unknown value  Local for attribute Auth-Type
> Tue Nov 22 18:02:26 2005 : Error: rlm_sql (sql): Error getting data from
> database
Looks like you have sql configured but it can't reach the db. Run with
-x to see why.
> Tue Nov 22 18:02:26 2005 : Auth: Login OK: [test/123] (from client flaifel
> port 0)
> On ntradping I get access accept and I can see the attributes, but is there
> any error in the log ?? or its normal ?

You need to see if the test user is in the users file. Just about
anything will work if the user is in the users file. Comment the test
user out and see if it works. Still looks like the db is unreachable or
unconfigured.