Configuring RADIUS Users

Madhuraka Godahewa maduraka at electroteks.com
Wed Nov 30 21:52:01 CET 2005

Hi All,

I installed freeRADIUS 1.0.5 recently, and configured the server as described
in the documentation files. Using 'radtest' I can locally send an access
request to the 'radiusd' process and get the access-accept message.

Then, in the 'clients.conf', I added a new client entry as follows.

<
client 10.128.253.10 {
	secret		= Sat429OSAD
	shortname	= localhost
	nastype     = other
}

Then, I installed the 'RADIUS Client Test Utility' in the machine
(10.128.253.10) which is in the same network. I then sent an access-request to
the freeRADIUS Server (10.128.253.110) from that machine. I observed the
'tcpdump port 1812' and saw that the request is coming. But, the 'radiusd'
process does not recognize the request and it does not send any message to the
client and after a while, a timeout occurs at the client.

Does anybody know, where can the problem lie?.

Thanking You.

Madhuraka Godahewa
Telecommunications Engineer
Research and Development Unit