MSCHAPv2, MySQL, Freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Oct 4 17:48:19 CEST 2005

"Dan Russell" <dan at in-house.com.au> wrote:
> Hey, I'm not having a go at you, I believe it does work, I'm just having
> issue getting it working..

  Yes, but too many people post messages saying "Stuff went
wrong... how do I fix it?".  Without any context, the only possible
answer is "No idea..."

> Tue Oct  4 15:10:39 2005 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): No matching entry in the
> database for request from user [wolfer]

  Well, that would appear to be useful.

> Here is a snippet of the radcheck table :
>
> ID	UserName	Attribute		op	Value
> 25	wolfer	SMB-Account-CTRL	==	16
> 27	wolfer	NT-Password		==
> 0x47C8F8E50C470E37AAD3B435B51404EE

  See the docs for rlm_sql.  '==' is a *comparison* operator.  There
is no NT-Password in the packet, so of course it never matches.

  Change both '==' to ':='.