FreeRADIUS - FreeBSD - Segmentation fault

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Oct 13 17:10:02 CEST 2005

Christian Meutes <christian.meutes at de.clara.net> wrote:
> it seems that freeradius has problems with running MySQL with linuxthreads,
> when compiling MySQL with native pthreads then its running.
> I dont know why this makes problems only with freeradius, other
> applications are running just fine with MySQL and linuxthreads...

  If those applications aren't multi-threaded, there's no problem.

  FreeRADIUS, however, uses pthreads as it's threading library.  I'm
not at all surprised that mixing two threading models would break an
application.

  I am surprised that linuxthreads have anything to do with problems
on FreeBSD, though.