mac address auth question

N White nwtech at tele-net.net
Wed Oct 19 21:45:20 CEST 2005

kdr akm wrote:

> Hi, i'm using freeradius 1.0.5.
> i make a pppoe server with rp-pppoe and freeradius without mysql and i
> make auth by username and password all i need to add to my
> configuration a check if mac address and if valid accept ( a mac
> address authentication but without mysql ) so how can i make this
> think and thanks in advanced .
> Sorry for my bad inglish

If I understand this correctly, you want PPPoE users to be able to
login, but only from a certain MAC address. I believe the MAC shows up
as CallingStationID when using rp-pppoe and freeradius. So you would
want a check like
CallingStationID == 00:11:22:33:aa:bb
For the particular user in the users file.

--
| Nick White              |