Question about mac address auth / dot1x / vlan assignement.

Didier CONTIS didier at ece.gatech.edu
Sat Oct 22 04:29:55 CEST 2005

I apologize if the subject is a little bit off topic.

I have what seems now to be a classic scenario where
I am trying to do mac address auth / vlan assignment
using Windows XP / Cisco Catalyst switch running IOS / FreeRadius 1.0.5

After reading several posts on the mailing list about
the subject, I was wondering if someone could clarify a
specific point: Can the Windows XP built-in supplicant
send the host mac-address as the username / password
(during EAP-MD5 or EAP-PEAP) ?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Best regards - Didier.