eap-sim

Giorgos Kostopoulos kostopoulosgiorgos at yahoo.gr
Sat Oct 22 20:24:39 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I 'm trying to setup a radius server with eap-sim.

1)I tried freeradius and i have configured it (and messed around with the code, trying to avoid the server to get the rand from an gsm-operator/provider)
I' have succesfully accepted the radius access request and i have succesfully send the radius access challenge (eap-sim start) ....
The response i get though from the client is that the server is not authenticated... and so there is no radius access request(after eap-sim start) packet.

Does this have to do anything with the rand ?

2)Supposed i have a virtual radius server who transmits the above packets.
Can anyone tell me exactly the fields i need to create the buffer who is encrypted for the request authenticator and the message authenticator? (i need details about which attributes i need, the order of the bytes e.t.c.  - the rfc is not very clear, especially about the message authenticator)

thanks in advance