CHAP/MS-CHAP/MS-CHAPv2 + LDAP problem

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Sat Sep 3 12:53:26 CEST 2005

Hello Alan,

> Vilius =?utf-8?b?xaB1bXNrYXM=?= <vilius at lnk.lt> wrote:
>> When I connect to VPN, user and password are verified and radius says
>> their are ok. After that VPN client registers me on the network (gets
>> IP address and so on). But in the middle of registration something
>> happens and I get disconnected.

>   If something happens after RADIUS sends an Access-Accept, it's not a
> RADIUS authentication problem.

>> RADIUS: server 213.190.40.42 not responding
>> RADIUS: server 213.190.40.42 not responding
>>
>> Is is because of some strange external/internal IP problems? What
>> Radius server must do after I authenticate?

>   Nothing.  RADIUS is driven by the client, not the server.

>   Your client is trying to RADIUS after it's authenticated.  Find out
> why.

I finally solved all my problems with RADIUS. It seems that my client
required MPPE encryption from the server, and this options was turned
off in RADIUS. So client got Access-Accept packet without MS-CHAP-MPPE
keys. Solved this by turning use_mppe to yes.

Thanks for the help everyone!

--
Best regards,
 Vilius