Freeradius and PPPoe Server ?

Paweł Małkowski volfen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:34:04 CEST 2005

2005/9/13, Charles Price <charlie.price at w3z.co.uk>:
> > I have the same problem. I have a radius server with ldap oracle.
> > I dont know how to configure freeradius to use pppoe.
> >
> You have to configure pppd to authenticate using freeradius. In short:
>
> 1. Make sure you have a recent version of ppp and rp-pppoe (getting ppp from
> CVS is a good idea)
ok
I installed ppp and rp-pppoe

> 2. Make sure that the radius plugins for pppd have been installed
> in /etc/ppp/plugins and the radiusclient configuration is
> in /etc/radiusclient
In default, plugin radius.so wasn't there, but I found one in another dict.

> 3. Enter your specific radius server details into /etc/radiusclient/servers
> and /etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf
I would like to use Windows XP as a client :)

> 4. Make sure you have some user information in your freeradius backend. I am
> assuming you have configured freeradius to see your LDAP server...
:) yes

> 5. Put 'plugin /etc/ppp/plugins/radius.so' (no quotes)
> in /etc/ppp/pppoe-server-options
I put this line in pppoe-server-options

> 6. Start the pppoe-server process.
I started the serwer

> 7. pppd should now ask freeradius for authentication.
And here I have problem :(
My ppp server and freeradius are still not connected.
Do you have any idea? Maybe this is Windows and its pppoe fault?

--
Pawel volfen Malkowski