Transmitted packet

Iandc Davies Iandc.Davies at Marconi.com
Wed Sep 21 10:23:52 CEST 2005

> "Iandc Davies" <Iandc.Davies at Marconi.com> wrote:
> The contents of the transmitted packet include an     uint8_t     *data.
>
> What exactly is this pointing to ?

>>  The transmitted packet.
>>  Your terminology is confused:

Aaahhh, I think it is.
OK.

>>   - RADIUS_PACKET = internal FreeRADIUS data structure holdin uint8_t
*data
>>   - uint8_t *data = actual RADIUS packet sent via "sendto"

>>  Alan DeKok.

So, if I was to sent a packet to the radius server what format would it be
?
I was running under the understanding that I needed to populate the
contents of the RADIUS_PACKET structure,
therefore :-

int         sockfd            -
uint32_t          src_ipaddr  -
uint32_t          dst_ipaddr  -
u_short           src_port    -
u_short           dst_port    -
int         id          -     to be populated by me
unsigned int      code        -     to be populated by me
uint8_t           vector[16]  -     to be populated by me
time_t            timestamp   -
int         verified          -
uint8_t           *data       -
int         data_len    -     to be populated by me
VALUE_PAIR  *vps        -     to be populated by me

Apart from the above is there anything else that needs filling in ?

.... or am I completely wrong again ?

Ian Davies {02476 564662}
          Internal   (x740 4662)
IMS-SIPAC