Usage of pam_radius_auth

Nagaraj Venkatapuram nagaraj2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 06:43:01 CEST 2005

All, Has anybody had the experience using pam_radius_auth for
authenticating services like http/https, ssh, telnet. I tried running
the sample application but authentication failed.

my configuration is like this.

/etc/raddb/server
# server[:port] shared_secret      timeout (s)
# 127.0.0.1       secret             1
192.168.1.100   testing123-2       3

/etc/pam.d/other/pam.conf
auth    sufficient      /lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so debug
account sufficient      /lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so

my radius server is free radius version 1.0.5

The request does not even get to radius server running on
192.168.1.100 port 1812.

Am I missing anything in the configuration ? Please let me know.

Thanks,