Bus error - core dumped on freeradius 1.0.5

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Wed Sep 28 21:57:18 CEST 2005

> It sounds strange because the unmodified radiusd.conf does not have
> authentication, authorization or accounting enabled for sql. I followed your
> instructions, and rlm_sql_mysql is not started because it has not enabled in
> radiusd.conf.

You're correct.  I copied files I thought were an original, but had
already been modified.

> How is your working radiusd.conf looks like in the following sections :
>
> - - authorize
> - - authenticate
> - - preacct
> - - accounting
> - - session

This time I did copy the original files over to raddb dir.  I then
modified sql.conf and changed the username/password to match my user.  I
then opened radiusd.conf and uncommented every instance of sql.

Then I fired it up and it started fine and made the 5 sql connections.

No need for me to post the configs because they are exactly the same as
out of the box, except that I uncommented sql in authorize, accounting,
session, and post-auth.

I have no idea what could be wrong at this point.  What version of mysql
are you running?  Can you start mysql and query it from the command line?