freeradius and MS SQL -- anyone got it working?

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Fri Sep 30 04:25:23 CEST 2005

"Arne =?utf-8?q?G=C3=B6tje?= (=?utf-8?q?=E9=AB=98=E7=9B=9B=E8=8F=AF?=)" <arne at linux.org.tw> wrote:
> I'm currently using freeradius 1.0.2 on Debian Sarge and I didn't manage
> to get it connect to the MS SQL server. As the rlm_sql_freetds module
> states that it is under development ans so, not enabled by default, I
> was wondering, if the iODBC or the unixodbc modules would work and if
> yes, how to set this up (aside from freeradius.. seems the 'drivers'
> are missing, whatever this means).

  The iodbc or unixodbc drivers should work.  There have been reports
of them working with MS SQL in the past.

  As for the drivers being missing, the rlm_sql_* files are just the
interface between FreeRADIUS and the iODBC libraries.  If you don't
have the iODBC libraries (or other DB libraries), then the FreeRADIUS
modules that require them will not be built or installed.