Why must clients exist when radius starts?

Douglas Phillipson phillipd at oem.doe.gov
Tue Apr 4 00:56:04 CEST 2006

Is there a configuration option that will allow me to put a client IP in
the clients file without the client actually existing yet?  It seems
when radius starts, if a client doesn't exist the daemon dies.  I looked
in the archives but I don't quite know what to query for.

Also is it the case that when the log is rolled, the daemon re-reads the
config files and would die if it can't contact a client at this time?

Regards

Doug P