Multiple OUs in AD

Peter Bushnell peter.bushnell at brasenose.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Apr 5 10:17:10 CEST 2006

Hello All,

Have a working FreeRADIUS server up and running, this is used for
authenticating student users on to a wireless network against a M$ 2003
server with Active Directory using LDAP.

Problem is I only seem to be able to authenticate users against one OU, if I
set the basedn simply to the domain the server just sits there and never
returns an accept or reject.

So how can I set my FR box to authenticate against all users in AD?

Here is my LDAP cfg from radiusd.conf.

        ldap {

                server = "brassbullet.bnc.ox.ac.uk"

                identity =
"cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=bnc,dc=ox,dc=ac,dc=uk"

                password = password

                basedn = "ou=students,dc=bnc,dc=ox,dc=ac,dc=uk"

                filter
="(sAMAccountName=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"

                start_tls = no

                ldap_connections_number = 5

                password_attribute = userPassword

                timeout = 4