Multiple OUs in AD

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Apr 5 11:16:15 CEST 2006

Peter Bushnell wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> Have a working FreeRADIUS server up and running, this is used for
> authenticating student users on to a wireless network against a M$ 2003
> server with Active Directory using LDAP.
>

> Problem is I only seem to be able to authenticate users against one OU,
> if I set the basedn simply to the domain the server just sits there and
> never returns an accept or reject.

What is the basedn that doesn't work? dc=bnc,dc=ox,dc=ac,dc=uk or
dc=ox,dc=ac,dc=uk?

I suspect it's something related to all that AD crap about forests and
referrals and such. Do you have an interdomain trusts? Can you use a
command-line ldapsearch with those settings (the ones that never
return)? If so, what is the output?

If it *is* that, you may try this in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf (or
whatever path that file lives at):

# This *may* cause problems if multiple forests are used with AD.
deref never
referrals no

Also, you didn't mention which version of FR you're using.