RADIUS stops responding after a while

Alex M radiussupport at lrcommunications.net
Fri Apr 7 01:26:27 CEST 2006

I've got strange behavior on y FR, need to find the way to prevent it, and
find out what caused it.

I've just went to my radius server and found out that it doesn't want to
handle requests.. I restarted it in debug and it told me that SQL module is
unknown. (was working fine for 1 month) I restarted again in debug and now
it went OK and works fine, but this thing is not acceptable in the field .
So does any one knows what could cause such a behavior (not accepting
requests, due to module malfunction) and more importantly is there any way
to monitor the server functionality? Let's say something like send testing
request each 30min or something and if server doesn't reply send email
notification?

Thanks!