mysql replication vs. radrelay

Olaf Schäfer olaf.schaefer at gmx.com
Fri Apr 7 10:12:26 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 06.04.2006, 15:48 -0600 schrieb Guy Fraser:

> Some prefer SQL replication, others suggest it is better to build it
> into the management system. If you have lots of people managing
> the accounts and you may need a different method, than someone
No, fortunately I don't.

> Can you give us an idea, about how many people will be changing
> user info and at what rate you would be expecting additions,
> modifications and removals?

This issue has to parts. The first is to change user info manually.
There won't be more than 3 people.
The second part is automated user info adding & changing for prepaid
user. The idea is that users can send a premium GSM short message, get
there password via sms and are allowed to use our wlan hotspots for one
hour.
The rate of manual user-info change won't be very high (<=5 per day). I
expect the higher rate for the automated hotspot system.

> PS Have you had a chance to try my PHP radiusd.conf configuration
> parser ?

Not yet! That's what I'm looking for. I've already started to do
something in this direction regarding ip-pools. Where can I find your
parser?

regards,
Olaf

--