Allow linking against OpenSSL? (Was Re: [GENERAL] Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module)

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Sun Apr 9 00:20:10 CEST 2006

Jorgen Rosink wrote:

> Beside the postgresql support, this also opens the door to
> peap/eap-tls enabled Debian FreeRadius packages. All those 802.1x
> Debian users currently have to build their own packages for this
> support (although that's really easy with Debian ready upstream
> source, as Nicolas mentioned earlier)

Indeed, these modules are a problem in Debian as well, for legal and
technical reasons too: until version 1.1.1 I didn't manage to build
rlm_eap_peap and rlm_eap_ttls properly.

After the technical problems have been solved, we discussed the legal
issues on the developpement mailing list a few weeks ago, and we
planed to add support for GnuTLS, which is released under the LGPL.

It will take more time to write source code than to edit the license,
but I believe it's a better solution in the long term.

--
Nicolas Baradakis