Version 1.1.1 stops responding

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Apr 10 08:13:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

> I have 2 servers with identical hardware/software configs.
> Both servers "hang" at the same time.
>
> stopping/starting the daemon doesn't resolve the issue, rebooting the box
> does.

Well, in my case the server doesn't respond to a normal kill, so the
start/stop scripts indeed wouldn't do the job. Have you tried killing it it
with "kill -SIGKILL" instead of the init scripts?

> I was assuming it had something to do with the sql module because that is
> where it paused (see: sql hangs, was (conflicts/duplicates need))

For me it's also somewhere within sql. I will run our server in valgrind this
morning, as Alan suggested elsewhere in the thread. I hope it will be
responsive enough so I can keep it running for a few hours until the error
eventually occurs...

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

RESTENA Foundation - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
R&D Engineer

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg