mysql replication vs. radrelay

Olaf Schaefer olaf_freeradius at ojsch.de
Fri Apr 28 15:37:32 CEST 2006

> 1.8 ?
Freeradius 1.1.1 comes with dialup-admin v1.70.2, the recent CVS
includes v1.80

> a file in the documentation directory. The last batch of patches

Where can I find your patches? Maybe you've done something which could
be useful for me. :)

> That's right. I would have to study the GPL and FSF licences,
> to understand the implications.

Hmmm, isn't freeradius itself released under the same license?

> > That sounds like much work
> It's like eating an Elephant. Start off with small bites, and
> just keep on munching, until eventually your done.

Bon appetit! ;)

> I am still mulling it over.

I think is has to be clear what the expected usage is. I mean there are
two directions, the first is the (technical) administration of the
radius server concerning tasks like setting up NAS, IP-pools,
configuration in general etc.
The second is the "business"-thing, like adding users, billing &
evaluation of accounting data, colorful statistics :) etc.

I guess Dialup-Admin is somewhere in between. So a real
GUI-configuration tool would be very nice.

> My Boss ruled it out. He doesn't want a bunch of bits and pieces
> that are loosely coupled. Unfortunately, what he wants to use
> it too limited to do what is needed, but is easy to use.

I know this scenario, too :)

Have a nice weekend.

After work I'm going to look for some elephants...