Confused with FreeRadius + Win2000 + Linksys + EAP + Certs

Alexandros Gougousoudis gougousoudis at kh-berlin.de
Tue Aug 8 09:53:43 CEST 2006

Hi Alan,

Alan DeKok schrieb:

>>The problem is, if I setup the authentification with EAP-Type "Smartcard
>>

>  FreeRADIUS doesn't support that EAP type, sorry.

Hm, thats bad. Is it on the roadmap? I have seen a Howto, generating
certs and switching eap-type to tls on freeradius? Thats not the same I
guess?If I say it should use the Windowslogonname, again nothing happens to

>>the radius server (there is even no request to that server).
>>

>Then the problem is on the client side.  RADIUS servers do nothing
>unless they receive a request.  So if they don't receive a request...

That what I think too, but what can be the problem if W2K simply doesn't
sent the handshake if this option is enabled, and it works if it is
disabled?

How can the PC be authentified, even if the user is not? We have a lot
student pc in a pool, but the students have no individual account. I
want to protect the Ethernet-ports against plugging in another computer,
not verified from us. How can this be achieved?

Thanks for lighten me up... :-)

TIA
 Alex