FreeRADIUS and Postgres annoyance

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Tue Aug 8 19:02:20 CEST 2006

Joe Warren-Meeks wrote:

> Sorry guys, my fault.. mainly permissions problems on the relevant
> tables in postgres.
>
> Although I haven't got the nas table working yet though, so pointers
> there will help..
>
> (moral of the story, tcpdump -w out.dmp -A -nvi eth0 -s0 port 5432 plus
> ethereal is a good thing.)

Or always run your test queries as the user that FR is using and from
the FR machine instead of root and/or from localhost.

MySQL also has a query logging feature that would have shown you the
perms errors if you tailed the log while sending a request to FR.  I'm
sure Postgres has something similar.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator